Saturday, December 30, 2006

Jamie Foxx and New Year's Eve!

I'm about to head out tonight to shoot Jamie Foxx on his Unpredictable Tour -- his New Year's Eve show at the Oakland Coliseum. Jamie is at the top of his game. He's an Oscar-winning actor and a multiple Grammy-nominated musician. The man is on fire, and I can't wait to work with him.

People often ask me how I deal with these situations. I mean, I'm thrust into a pretty high-pressure environment, with some exceptionally strong personalities and a lightning-fast pace. If I blow one shoot, I'll never be asked back -- and the word will get out. There really is zero margin for error in this business.

Here's how I do it: I respect the artist, first, second and third. I find out exactly what they want, and I deliver on that ... 110%. I stay focused on the work.


I also have fun with it. Celebrities are people, and they like to have fun just like the rest of us. I think a lot of people get nervous around celebrities and it paralyzes them. I don't. I treat all people the same way. If I'm having lunch at Ivy in Beverly Hills, I'm just as happy shooting the shit with the waiter as I am with my celebrity clients. People are people. This is life. Celebrities are remarkable individuals who have worked like hell to potentialize their talent, but so has a single mom working her ass off to support her kids and give them the best life she can. I love my clients, but I'd venture to say that we hold celebrities in disproportionally high esteem. In the final analysis: I think it's imperative that we all treat one another with the genuine respect and kindness, regardless of status, race, gender or religion. If we stuck to this one simple rule, can you imagine how much better off this world would be?

I know, I digress. But, it is a central part of my philosophy.

And so, I'm off to Unpredictable...and I imagine it will be just that. Stay tuned for the post-event blog.

Meantime, Happy New Year! Give it all you've got.

OH MY!

No comments: